We are still $5,000 short of our 2014 Goal
You can help us reach our goal!
We have never had such a large shortfall before, but with your end of the year donation we can still meet our budget needs.
Click here to donate now.
What does this shortfall mean to the farmers' market?
If we fail to raise the $5,000 we start 2015 with a deficit of $5,000 and we have to make up the shortfall before we can begin operations in 2015.
What is our annual fundraising goal?
Our goal for 2014 is $18,000 and represents around 30% of our operating budget. The rest of our budget is raised from vendor fees and merchandise sales. In 2013, our fundraising goal was $20,000 and this year we were able to lower that goal by $2,000.
Why do we fundraise?
We are an independent 501c3 non-profit organization that receives no funding from local governments. Most farmers' markets in the region receive annual funding from city or county governments and have free use of their space. As a result, their fundraising needs are very small. We, however, rely on donations for 30% of our operating budget.
What happens if we don't reach our goal?
If we fail to raise the remaining $5,000 this season, then we start 2015 in the hole and can't start operations until we've made up the difference.
Why give to the farmers' market?
1) Because you love the farmers' market!
2) This year, 130,000 shoppers will come to the market and buy healthy and sustainably produced food. They will connect with their neighbors, their farmers, and bring their children to enjoy the park and learn about where their food comes from.
3) Farmers and food entrepreneurs will make close to $1,500,000 in sales at the market and much more through the business connections they make at the market.
4) We help launch successful St Louis businesses, including Salume Beddu, Traveling Tea, Whisk Bakeshop, Southwest Diner, Kakao Chocolate, Four Season’s Baked Goods, and One World Ice Cream (new this season). Through increased sales at our market, we have made it possible for many of our vendors to do what they love full time.
5) We bring in dozens of non-profit organizations each season that disseminate information and help our shoppers live greener lives, adopt abandoned pets, and increase awareness of important issues.
6) We help grow neighborhoods. New Tower Grove residents include the farmers’ market in their decision to move to the neighborhood and area business owners cite the market as a key reason they open in the area.
7) Up to 300 students attend our free yoga class each week and we bring in great music each week with the help of KDHX.
Click here to donate now.
What else can you do besides donating?
Is your place of work interested in sponsoring the farmers' market? Let us know, we are looking for 2015 sponsors now.
Share this email with your friends and neighbors who shop at the market.
How to donate?
You can use our online donation system by going to: http://www.tgmarket.org/friends.php
Use this form and mail in a donation to:
Tower Grove Farmers' Market
PO Box 220137
St Louis, MO 63122
Thank you for considering a donation to the farmers' market. We are an important asset to the Tower Grove neighborhood and the city of St Louis and your help keeps us going! And, don't forget, we are a 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is tax-deductible!
See you at the market,
Patrick Horine & Jenny Ryan
2014-2015 Winter Market
The Social Affair at The Station
Ben Poremba and his family of restaurants
Olio, Elaia, Old Standard, and La Chouquette
Keep Eating Local Foods All Winter
Our last outdoor market date is November 22, the Saturday before Thanksgiving. After that, we will move indoors for our monthly Winter Market.
The Winter Market is held in the gymnasium at City Garden Montessori School, located at 1618 Tower Grove Avenue, St Louis, 63110.
The Winter Market runs from 9am-1pm and the dates are:
Saturday, December 13
Saturday, January 10
Saturday, February 14
Saturday, March 14
We will return to the park location in April
Thank you very much to City Garden Montessori School for the use of their spacious gymnasium!
The City Garden Montessori School is located at 1618 Tower Grove Avenue, St Louis, 63110, just north of Interstate 44.
Thank You, 2014 Sponsors!
Thank you to this year's sponsors, Rebecca Brooks, Realtor with Coldwell Banker Gundaker, Bamboo Studio St Louis, and Kuva Coffee. And thank you to our community partners Tower Grove Park, KDHX Community Media, and the South City YMCA.